The International Training & Education Center (ITEC) is a premier training facility serving union stationary engineers in North America. The ITEC was designed by union training directors and industry experts to meet the critical needs of our members and signatory employers throughout the United States and Canada.
The International Union of Operating Engineers is dedicated to workforce excellence. Our investment in training ensures that the skills of our members and instructors will provide our union employers and industry partners with a competitive advantage.
Meeting the Critical Training Needs of Employers
The ITEC offers the advanced training that provides IUOE employers with a clear advantage.
- Building Automation Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives
- PLC Programming and Troubleshooting
- Sustainability and Emerging Technology
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Pump Maintenance
- Safety and OSHA classes
- HVACR Operation & Maintenance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Workplace Communication and Leadership
- Customized training to meet specific employer needs
A Central Plant Built for Training
The training center’s physical plant was designed with stationary training in mind. Troubleshooting and analysis can be done on operating plant equipment, and redundant systems can be taken offline for maintenance training.
The spacious plant footprint allows the instructor and trainees room to work on the equipment and conduct a variety of hands-on training classes.
Training can easily transition from the plant floor to the classroom, or to the solar panels on the rooftop.
This state-of-the-art facility contains everything needed to develop the skills of the IUOE professionals who operate and maintain critical stationary equipment.
Located in Crosby, Texas, the ITEC offers:
- 300 acre campus
- Classrooms, labs and simulators
- High-end training equipment
- Central plant designed for hands-on training
- 8,000 square foot conference space
- Private rooms, fitness center and full dining facilities
- Shuttle service to nearby Houston area airports
Register for ClassesFind a Local